Best Condos for Expats in Singapore: A Guide to Finding the Perfect Home
Singapore is a thriving metropolis with a lot to offer expats. From its world-class infrastructure to its diverse culture, Singapore is a great place to live, work, and raise a family.
One of the most important decisions you’ll make when moving to Singapore is where to live. There are many great condos in Singapore to choose from, but not all of them are created equal. Some condos are better suited for families, while others are better suited for singles or couples. Some condos are located in the heart of the city, while others are located in more peaceful suburbs.
This article will provide you with a guide to finding the best condos for expats in Singapore. We’ll discuss the factors you need to consider when choosing a condo, and we’ll list some of the best condos in Singapore for expats.
Known for its ‘stacked’ architectural design, The Interlace offers a distinct visual experience and creates a tight-knit community for its residents. It’s surrounded by several parks and green spaces, making it a haven for those who want an urban lifestyle amidst nature.
Apart from well-fitted units, residents can enjoy a variety of recreational activities with the condo’s multiple themed courtyards, a reading room, a swimming pool, and more.
Get a free Australian mortgage assessment today.
The Orchard Residences
If living in Singapore’s retail and entertainment heart appeals to you, then The Orchard Residences is a great choice. Its units offer spectacular views of the city skyline and luxurious fittings.
The condo features a spa, a meditation corner, BBQ pits, and even a wine and cigar lounge, allowing residents to enjoy a high-end lifestyle right at their doorstep. Its strategic location also means less commuting time for work and school.
Ardmore Park is synonymous with luxury and exclusivity. It’s located in one of the most prestigious residential enclaves of Singapore and is surrounded by embassies and good class bungalows. The units are spacious and offer panoramic city views.
The condo provides a tranquil environment with its landscaped gardens, and residents can enjoy top-notch facilities like a billiards room, a fitness area, and a children’s play area.
Duo Residences stands out with its distinctive architectural design and direct connection to the Bugis MRT. The units come with high ceilings and premium fittings.
Its facilities include a sky lounge, a pool deck, a Teppanyaki pavilion, and even a floral walk. Its strategic location means residents can enjoy both the vibrant culture of the Bugis area and the bustling city life.
Marina One Residences
Marina One Residences offers a unique green living experience with its “Green Heart” – a sprawling garden in the middle of the development. The units offer high-end fittings and breathtaking views of the sea and Marina Bay.
Its comprehensive range of facilities include a private dining room, a fitness area, and even an aquatic gym pool. Its central location makes it a perfect choice for those working in the CBD.
Reflections at Keppel Bay
Offering a waterfront living experience, Reflections at Keppel Bay features units with sea views and private gardens.
The condominium provides a host of recreational facilities like an Olympic-length pool, a tennis court, and BBQ pavilions. Its proximity to VivoCity and Sentosa Island provides residents with endless shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
Sky Habitat is a high-rise condominium that features sky bridges and plenty of green spaces, bringing a sense of community to the sky. Its units come with balconies that offer panoramic views of the city. The condo’s facilities include a play area, a garden walk, and even a karaoke room.
Its location in Bishan means easy access to shopping, dining, and recreational amenities.
Cliveden at Grange
Known for its privacy and exclusivity, Cliveden at Grange offers spacious units with private lift lobbies. Its facilities include a private entertainment suite, a steam room, and a spa pavilion.
It’s a stone’s throw away from Orchard Road, providing residents with convenient access to high-end shopping and dining options.
Surrounded by good class bungalows and near the charming Holland Village, Leedon Residence offers a serene living environment.
Its units come with private lift lobbies, and the condominium features a themed garden, a fitness station, and even a treehouse playground for children. Its location offers a variety of dining and shopping options.
Sant Ritz offers European-inspired living with its colonial and modern architectural design. Its units come with high-end fittings and private balconies.
The condo’s facilities include a lap pool, a BBQ area, and a car park that’s directly connected to the units. Its location near the Potong Pasir MRT station offers convenient access to other parts of the city.
Thinking of Buying a Condo as an Aussie Expat? Pros and Cons
Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to buy a condo as an Aussie expat is a personal one. There are many factors to consider, such as your budget, lifestyle, and needs. However, if you’re looking for a convenient, low-maintenance, and amenity-rich place to live, a condo can be a great option.
Here are some pros and cons of buying a condo as an Aussie expat:
- Convenience: Condos are often located in convenient areas, close to shops, restaurants, and public transportation. This can be a major advantage for expats who are new to a city and don’t have a car.
- Amenities: Many condos come with a variety of amenities, such as swimming pools, gyms, and rooftop terraces. This can be a great way to meet other expats and make friends.
- Low maintenance: Condos are typically low-maintenance, which can be a big plus for expats who are busy with work or travel.
- Tax benefits: In some countries, expats can enjoy tax benefits when they purchase a condo. This is something to check into before you make a purchase.
- Cost: Condos can be more expensive than other types of housing, such as apartments or houses.
- Rules and regulations: Condos often have strict rules and regulations, which can be a source of frustration for some expats.
- Lack of privacy: Condos can be less private than other types of housing, as you may have to share walls and amenities with other residents.
- Lack of space: Condos can be small, which may not be suitable for families or people who need a lot of space.
How to Find a Good Condo in Singapore
Finding a good condo in Singapore involves a number of considerations, ranging from location to price, property age, and amenities. Here are some steps you can follow to find a good condominium:
- Define Your Needs: Determine what you’re looking for in a condo. This includes the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, the size of the unit, preferred location, and whether you prefer a new or resale unit.
- Establish Your Budget: The price of condos in Singapore can range significantly depending on location, size, and age. Before you start your search, it’s important to establish a budget. It’s also important to consider other expenses such as maintenance fees, taxes, and home insurance.
- Consider Location: Location is a key factor in real estate. It’s important to consider the condo’s proximity to amenities like schools, shopping centers, and MRT stations. Some may prefer a quiet neighborhood, while others may want to be in a bustling area.
- Check the Property’s Age: The age of the condo can affect its price and maintenance costs. Older condos might have higher maintenance costs but could also offer larger spaces.
- Research Developers: Look into the developers who built the condominium. Check their track record and reputation. This can give you an idea of the quality of the construction and whether they deliver on their promises.
- Inspect the Condo: When possible, inspect the condo yourself or have a trusted agent do so. Check the condition of the property and the facilities provided. Pay attention to details like the layout, natural light, view, noise level, etc.
- Use a Real Estate Agent: If you’re new to buying property or don’t have the time to do extensive research, consider hiring a real estate agent. They can provide you with expert advice and help you navigate the process.
- Review the Terms of the Sale: Before purchasing, ensure you understand the terms of the sale and all legal documents. It could be beneficial to hire a lawyer to review these documents.
- Research about the Property Market Trend: Try to understand the current property market trend in Singapore. This will help you determine whether it’s a buyer’s market or seller’s market, which can affect your bargaining position.
- Check the Management Council: For condos, the Management Corporation Strata Title (MCST) is crucial. They’re responsible for the maintenance of the common areas. You can try to learn about the MCST of your prospective condo, to understand how well the place is managed.
Lastly, be patient. It may take time to find the perfect condo that fits your needs and budget.
Invest in Condos in Australia with Odin Mortgage
Investing in condos in Australia can be a great way to secure your financial future and enjoy a comfortable retirement. With Odin Mortgage, you can get the financing you need to buy a condo in Australia.
Odin Mortgage is the leading mortgage broker that specialises in helping expats buy property in Australia. We have a team of experienced mortgage professionals who can help you find the right loan for your needs and budget.
If you’re interested in investing in condos in Australia, contact Odin Mortgage today. We can help you find the right loan for your needs and budget and make the process of buying property in Australia as smooth as possible.
Get a free Australian mortgage assessment today.
Frequently asked questions
Whether or not it is worth buying a condo in Singapore depends on your individual circumstances and goals. Here are some factors to consider:
- Your budget: Condos in Singapore can be expensive, so you need to make sure you have enough money saved up for a down payment and monthly mortgage payments.
- Your lifestyle: If you want a more luxurious and convenient lifestyle, then a condo may be a good option for you. However, if you are looking for a more affordable option, then you may want to consider an HDB flat.
- Your investment goals: If you are looking for a long-term investment, then a condo may be a good option. However, if you are looking to buy a condo to live in for the short term, then you may want to consider other options.
In general, HDB flats are cheaper than condos. However, there are a number of factors that can affect the price of a property, such as the location, size, and amenities.
The most sought after condos in Singapore are typically located in prime areas, such as the Orchard Road area or the Marina Bay area. These condos are often newer and have more amenities than other condos.