Webinar: An Immigration and Mortgage Update for Aussie Expats in the US
On 28 September 2023, the American Australian Association hosted a conversation with Zjantelle Cammisa Markel, Immigration Attorney at Cammisa Markel PLLC, and Martin Zheng, Co-founder & Mortgage Broker at Odin Mortgage, to provide an update on U.S. Visa requirements and the benefits of a Mortgage attached to an acquisition of an Australian Investment Property for Australian expats in the United States.
This webinar focused on the following:
- Importance of visa holders maintaining home ties to their home country while on a nonimmigrant visa
- Options of evidence to provide at visa appointment to display intention to return to home country
- Difference in home residency requirements for US visa types including B1/B2, E-1, E-2, E-3, F1, H1B, J-1, L-1 & O-1 visas.
- Australian lending overview
- Why we use an expat mortgage broker
- How to avoid settlement headaches when buying property
- How to “cash-out” equity from existing properties to use as a down payment
- What a low Aussie dollar means for US Expats
- Buy now or when we get back
If you would like to schedule a consultation to learn more about your mortgage options as an Aussie expat in the US, then please don’t hesitate to reach out to our expat mortgage brokers.